Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi 18V ONE+ Cordless Electric Lawn Mower 33cm

Trisha
Getting Established

Ryobi 18V ONE+ Cordless Electric Lawn Mower 33cm

Good morning All,

am thinking of buying a Ryobi 18V ONE+ Cordless Electric Lawn Mower 33cm but was wondering other people's experience and opinions are?

I have a 475sqm block and say more than half of it has my home on it. So this lawnmower is for approx 200sqm (100sqm each for front and backyard).

The reason being is so that I do the mowing myself instead of paying $50 to $65 to get my lawns mowed in the Northern Rivers of NSW each time.

Or should I buy a petrol powered lawnmower instead, as I used to my Son to do but he hates it?

Honest opinions

Screenshot_20200830-103932_Chrome.jpg

would be welcomed.

Keep well,

Trisha

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi 18V ONE+ Cordless Electric Lawn Mower 33cm

Hi @Trisha,

To start with that mower is just the unit not including the battery and charger. In order to get at least 30minutes runtime, you would need to purchase the Ryobi 18v One 4.0ah Battery And Fast Charger Pack. So instead of doing that I would look at the kit Ryobi One 18v 4.0ah 36cm Lawn Mower Kit which comes with the battery and charger which will be a more cost-effective option. That's unless you have your own 18-volt batteries from Ryobi already. Ryobi suggests this mower is perfect for up to a 400sqm block so it sounds just about right for you.

I'd advise you to stick away from the petrol machines as I do not see any significant advantage to them in your situation. The battery machine will be lighter, easier to maneuver, has no maintenance and you don't need to purchase fuel and oil. If you regularly maintain your lawn I believe you will be very happy with the purchase. The only time I believe it would struggle compared to a petrol machine is if you let your grass grow for several weeks and it is very long and thick. In this case, you might need to do two mows one at full height and a second to finish.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Trisha 

Totally agree with @MitchellMc best buy for the ryobi one plus. I suggest buying an extra battery for hot swaps between jobs. The trick to using this beauty is to use it at least twice a week to keep the lawn low and easy for the motor. If you battle with with thick ankle high grass it will still work but will shorten the life of the motor. I have the ryobi push mower with battery assist. My 12 year old swears by it as it gives your lawn a manicured finish. I have not used my petrol mower for over 6 months now. Its a good time to buy skins (tools) for the one plus set if your thinking of taking up some diy hobbies!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Trisha,

Just wondering whether you have made a decision on your new mower? Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

I switched to a battery-powered lawnmower a few years back and would certainly never go back to petrol. I love the lighter weight, quiet operation, lack of smoke and the maintenance-free operation. 

Jason

Trisha
Getting Established

No I decided to pay for regular lawn mowing I stead due to my chronic back pain.

Thanks for asking Jason. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries @Trisha. Thanks for the update. Look after yourself and please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand with anything.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects