Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Side of the house makeover - Part one

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

Side of the house makeover - Part one

The side of our house has looked very boring and needed some greenary! From the months of working from home during COVID and looking out of the window it was time! By planting Silver Birch closer together, the trees dont grow as tall as expected! We did the same technique at my parents house and they now have a beautifully green side way. I am looking at painting my pavers one colour (these were all 2nd hand from my parents house) anyone have any suggestions on the best product or colour?

20201031_144127.jpg20201031_144133.jpg20201031_152734.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Side of the house Makeover- Part One

Hi @Nikkaz,

Many thanks for sharing your project. I trust the side of your house will look amazing once the trees fill in.

I'd recommend Berger Jet Dry Non-Slip Paving Paint or you could use the Berger Jet Dry Heavy Duty Paving Paint. The heavy-duty version is normally reserved for driveways or high foot traffic areas though it does provide superior wear resistance. Please be advised you might need to add the Berger Jet Dry 120g Clear True Grip to the heavy-duty version for slip resistance.

Personally, I'd go with a darker tone as it will match the fence, be resistant to staining and require less frequent cleaning.

I can wait to see the area finished and please do keep us updated on your progress.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects