Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Today in the garden

LisasGarden
Making a Splash

Today in the garden

885E01C7-6F41-44B2-ACE7-3C9EDC44B460.jpeg

61B37273-53B0-4478-A134-CDBA3A8CDF5F.jpeg

72939869-8F05-4424-B797-CD3FC77D5C28.jpeg

  

F56FB3E6-70F5-46B0-A835-F9C2C15E4BF6.jpeg

EC017BFC-999C-489F-8929-B11CC83F4239.jpeg

  

74C4B2D5-AD7E-4C87-8CB1-0A34BA9EE382.jpeg

A good day in the garden with a little help from my furry kids. I did some planting and a little mulching today and along with the regular garden chores. The raised veggie beds have been in for 24 days now and are going well. I water in some seasol beginning of the month and then the middle of the month, which makes it easy to keep track of. I check  the veggies regularly for any moth eggs or aphids etc and then squish them with gloves.  I don’t like to use sprays and have companion  planted herbs to help deter the pests, encourage good insects  and white pansies to deter the white cabbage butterflies. @lisaandlisa Instagram 🌸

stelz
Making a Splash

Re: Today in the garden

@LisasGarden, WOW Garden goals.. This looks amazing. 

Any tips on what veggies to grow? I want to start on  my veggie bed... would you recommend seeds or seedling? 

I’m in the Yarra Valley and have just planted a few different types of Spinach, purple cauliflower, mini broccoli, carrots and Kale along with some companion herbs to help with cabbage moth. I prefer seedlings as they are a lot faster to grow, but have grown a few things from seeds. Carrots are best grown from seeds. Kale is great and is a perennial and so is silverbeet. I love the silverbeet as it can be planted any time and you can get the pretty coloured varieties. 

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Love your garden @LisasGarden 
What a beautiful set up 🌿💚

Thanks for the  advice @LisasGarden

Looking Forward to starting my veggie garden

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects