Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

lawn problems

bee10
Finding My Feet

lawn problems

IMG_20200106_161820.jpg

LM

H

 I've just moved into a new place with my three children all of whom are young and love being able to run around outside..... however the back lawn is full of thistles, weeds and the grass...well there's more weeds than grass, I'm keen to make this lawn lush and green so the children can run around bare foot and enjoy being outside in the yard, however I don't know where to start or what to use....

Tricia1
Finding My Feet

Re: backyard night mare

Hi what state are you in ? It’s a bit late in the summer season now to get rid of the bindis. Best and cheapest way to treat is weed and feed, attach your hose and spray. Keep the kids off 12 hours . At this time of year I would do weekly for 3 weeks. Next year start in September and spray 3 times until November 

Thanks, I'll get some tomorrow and make a start, and Tassy btw

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bee10,

Welcome to Workshop and congratulations on your new home.  

Could I encourage you to share some photos of your lawn? It will help other members to see what you are working with and provide more specific advice - particularly whether of not it might be better to completely remove the lawn and start again or just do some repair work. We have very knowledgeable and helpful members who will be able to assist further. 

Looking forward to seeing how you can transform your backyard for your family. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bee10
Finding My Feet

IMG_20200106_161836.jpg

Thankyou, I've just put a picture up

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects