Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$1000 kitchen makeover

Melzie
Building a Reputation

$1000 kitchen makeover

PRINT 7 Ross Court, Spearwood 12.jpg

This kitchen had some good bones, but some terrible design choices. I transformed this kitchen by replacing all the splash back tiles, handles & mixer to a more modern look. The overhead cupboards where painted white to get rid of the 'orange wood look'. I also added a vented range hood. The fridge and pantry were moved to a nearby wall to allow for more storage and Benchtop space. The existing benchtop was luckily in the current caboodle range, so extending the benchtop was cheap and easy. I added the overhead cupboards and shelving for extra and I made them using while melamine. These few changes have completely changed the look and feel of kitchen for only $1000, and all products were from Bunnings. As there is no window to the outside I also swapped out the old light for bright LED downlights.

IMG_3134.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: $1000 kitchen makeover

Hi @Melzie

What an amazing transformation and affordable too! Painting the orange wall cabinets white and updating the splashback really unified the look of the kitchen. The old colours and separate elements of the kitchen made it look dated and uncoordinated. With the changes, you've made, it now looks modern and functional.

Thank you for sharing your fantastic kitchen makeover.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Melzie
Building a Reputation

Re: $1000 kitchen makeover

Thanks Eric :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects