Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Added style and storage to tiny kitchen

Melzie
Building a Reputation

Added style and storage to tiny kitchen

AfterAfter

This kitchen had very little Benchtop space, very little storage & was abit boring. I Double the Benchtop space by joining the island bench to the wall with a new Kaboodle Benchtop in colour 'Carbonella'. It was cheaper to replace both Benchtops with these Kaboodle ones, rather than buying one larger one in the existing Laminex colour. Extra cupboards where installed under the extended Benchtop and the original Laminex back panel on the island bench was used to create the doors. I replaced this back panel with VJ panelling to add interest. Then to make the kitchen bit more trendy I changed the splash back tiles to a larger format with a modern concrete look, added pendant lights, and replaced the mixer. All products were from Bunnings and the total project cost $800! 

BeforeBeforeAfterAfterAfterAfterAfterAfter

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Added style and storage to tiny kitchen!

Hello @Melzie

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's magnificent to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your kitchen revamp.

What an excellent update to the kitchen. The new benchtops and the Easy VJ panels really make a difference. The island really comes into play with more meal space and the island panels make the area so much brighter. It totally changed the dynamic of the kitchen into a true galley layout.

Again, thank you for sharing your wonderful kitchen revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Melzie
Building a Reputation

Re: Added style and storage to tiny kitchen

Hi Eric, thanks for great the feedback :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects