Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ceramic floor tiles removal

Scott12
Getting Established

Ceramic floor tiles removal

I have some renovation projects ahead of me and one in particular requires a little advice.

My Kitchen ,dining and hall way are currently ceramic tiles but there are a lot that have lifted our rather loose.

I expect that I will use a jack hammer with a spade bit too lift the tiles throughout and get a concrete floor grinder to come in and clean up the surface.

Can anyone suggest any alternatives for either removing the times off the concrete floor and getting the surface ready.

Scott

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ceramic floor tiles removal

Hi @Scott12,

I'm sure there will be Workshop community members keen to help you with this project. What flooring are you planning to use after the tiles are removed?

You might find this advice useful - How to remove floor tiles. I will add the video below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Scott12,

Just checking in to see if the information I provided was useful? 

If not, you might want to provide a photo of your floor tiles so community members can see what you are working with and provide more specific advice for your situation.

Many thanks,

Jason 

Scott12
Getting Established

Hi Jason,

My apologies for not replying earlier without prompting.

The video was adequate for what I required at the moment.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, thanks @Scott12.

Let us know how you go, and feel free to post anytime you need a hand or would like some advice. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects