Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fixing a five hinge Kaboodle door to a four hinge Kaboodle cabinet

NeilTJ
Just Starting Out

Fixing a five hinge Kaboodle door to a four hinge Kaboodle cabinet

Hi.

We're replacing some 450mm tall Kaboodle doors on existing cabinets but I notice that the old doors had four hinges, the new ones have five.   None of the old hinges line up with the new doors.

It looks like it means I'll need to very accurately measure, drill and sleeve some new holes and then swear like buggery when I find I haven't quite got it right, but am just wondering if there is another way to tackle this? I can't imagine how else to do this?

I could install the hinges on the door first and mark the new holes on the cabinets but given we've got a few of them side by side, I ain't looking forward to that if I am to have the doors to line up with each other.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing a five hinge Kaboodle door to a four hinge Kaboodle cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @NeilTJ. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing cabinet hinges.

It seems like a bit of a daunting task, but you shouldn't have an issue with patience and accurate measurements. Start by going through this step-by-step guide: How to install cabinet hinges. Each hinge has some up and down adjustment to the mount, and you'll have some grace to work with. I'd suggest you start by attaching the hinges to the door and resting the door upon something, so it is at the correct height for the cabinet. A second set of hands can help here. Leave the mounting plate attached to the hinges and mark the mounting hole locations on the cabinet. You can then remove the mounting plates and screw them into the cabinet. Leave them slightly loose until you have the door in position and everything lined up.

Once you've had a look at the guide, let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell

Thanks for this - I actually did this yesterday in the same way. I had some spares of those little plastic plugs which I used so that's the only real diff.

Thanks again - all good!

Regards

Neil

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm happy to hear that worked out for you @NeilTJ. Great work!

Please let us know anytime you need assistance with a project around your house or garden. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects