Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Glass tiles

cmstaff
Just Starting Out

Glass tiles

Are glass tiles suitable for stove splash back. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Glass tiles

Hi @cmstaff,

A very warm welcome to Workshop. We're pleased you could join in the discussion and trust that you will receive lots of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects from our community members. Are you renovating a kitchen at the moment? It would be great to see what you're doing. 

Let me tag one of our experienced renovators in @2Belindas for your question about using glass tiles as a splashback. You might also like to search for other splashback posts on the community as there's lots of discussion and examples of other materials used. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@cmstaff,

Glass is very commonly used as a splashback. Glass tiles are also a good choice for a splashback - they can help bounce light around and are stain resistant. 

Do you have a link to the tiles you want to use?

Yes. Glass tiles are good. They will be the standout feature of your kitchen, so choose wisely
Creating a beautiful home on a budget

My only concern was that we have a gas stove and wasn't sure the glass would pass council. 

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

No need for any concern @cmstaff. Glass tiles are commonly used as splashbacks as they can withstand high temperatures as well as looking great and being easy to maintain. They're also frequently used around fireplaces which are going to be much hotter than near a kitchen burner I would think.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects