Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I clean the benchtop?

vica
Having an Impact

How can I clean the benchtop?

Hi,morning!

Sth happens in my benchtop where I put a stainless bowl to wash vegetables .How can I clean them ? Thank you !

Vica

633BA3F9-18A3-4B1C-9C8F-E9D9E2A0E97B.jpeg

EEA5DF33-2B4B-4641-B231-F03804D16877.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I clean the benchtop?

Morning @vica.

What have you tried so far? I'd suggest starting with the least aggressive cleaning method so you don't damage the surface. Try a dishwashing sponge and some dishwashing liquid. If this doesn't remove the staining, you can try a product similar to Hillmark 375ml Stone Kleen And Protect Marble Granite Cleaner. If the stain has penetrated too deep for this product to work, you'll need to move onto abrasive cleaners, but you'll likely need to re-polish the surface afterwards. My wife loves Gumption Paste 750g Multipurpose Cleaner for hard to remove stains. Apply a small amount onto a soft cloth and try to buff out the stain. Spraying the area with a <5% hydrogen peroxide and then scrubbing the marks could also work.

If these methods fail, it might be time to call the professionals.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc @Thanks a lot!

Vica

@MitchellMc  I am very satisfied with the cleaning. Thank you!

BCD7692A-ADC4-45BB-8AA9-4BE36C032C17.jpeg

 Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great job @vica! Can I please ask what worked for you? I trust our members with similar rust staining on their stone benchtops would love to know.

Many thanks for the update.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc  I use dishwasher firstly ,but still left most rust . I were lost , sprayed this liquid which I clean basin in bathroom with causal attitude . Then I went to garden . When I returned,I can’t believe what happened: almost all rust disappeared . I sprayed it twice , wiped it after two hours . I took the photo. That is magic. I think the color of the bench top is another key. 

image.jpg

 Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I think you might have found a miracle rust stain remover there, @vica

Well done.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc @I think so . I am luck and am very happy to enjoy my miracle with our community . I buy it in Woolworth , it is very cheap.
Thank you again !

Vica

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects