Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I level the base cabinets when the floor isn't level?

TT
Finding My Feet

How do I level the base cabinets when the floor isn't level?

I have started my kitchen reno and have come to the first problem... I have my base cabinets at the attach to the wall stage but they don't touch the wall at the back.  so my question is do I lower the back of the cabinet and make sure the front is 145cm fort he kickboards.  this means that the side /end kickboard would need to be adjusted to fit.  Is this sound thinking or do I have it all wrong?😋

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I level the base cabinets when the floor isn't level?

Hi @TT,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform your kitchen. It would be great to see some "before" photos to see what you are starting with, and to follow your progress along the way.

Let me tag a couple of kitchen renovation experts in @EricL and @redbournreno to kick off the discussion and share their thoughts with you. 

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @TT 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to hear that you've started your kitchen assembly and nothing is more exciting than mounting the base cabinets to the wall. Kaboodle often recommends starting in the corner of the room and installing outwards. In this manner, you can adjust cabinetry height as you put them together side by side.

I've placed a guide below to help you with your cabinet base installation. The rules for a straight wall or a corner wall base installation are the same, it's important to start at the lowest point of the floor and going outwards to level out.  

Here is the handy step-by-step guide to the Kaboodle base cabinet installation:

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your new kitchen installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

TT
Finding My Feet

F10576C3-7423-4F2C-BD73-B3EA1FA84484.png

60A6196E-1BDA-431C-AE8B-9E4D553F1298.jpeg

Thanks for the responses… most helpful and now I have another conundrum I am putting in the blind corner pullout basket and I think I need to change something around as the ‘front wheels’ are at the back

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @TT 

Have you installed the base plate for the slideout mechanism? Just remember that the orientation of the standup pullout mechanism is towards you. The set has pre-installed wheels at the back and the wheels at the front need to be installed manually. If you watch the installation video you'll see that the foot of the standup pullout is installed very close to the wall of the cabinet opposite its hinge.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:

Eric

TT
Finding My Feet

Thanks buuut I have wheels at the back and no other wheels supplied or from looking at it no where to put them…  it appears to work fine and I will re-visit when doing all the finishing touches 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @TT

I've attached some photos to illustrate where the extra two wheels go. If they are missing from your packet, please ask the store to provide you with those two missing wheels. If you've installed them in another location, please remove them as they need to be at the front of the assembly to carry the weight of the baskets.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects