Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to assemble kitchen sink mixer?

mamer70
Just Starting Out

How to assemble kitchen sink mixer?

Hi. I have just purchased (and tried to install) a 'Mondella' sink mixer. Just confirming weather this is meant to swivel. (I now see that there is an alternative Mondella mixer called a 'Swivel Mixer'. Should the one I have purchased also swivel? It would appear that it doesn't although I am unsure weather or not the fixing nut should be tightened further in order for it to do so. I was wanting a mixer that swivels.

Thanks,

David

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to assemble kitchen sink mixer

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community David @mamer70. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your questions about sink mixers.

Would you be able to narrow down which Mondella kitchen sink mixer you have? That would be really helpful, as there are quite a few of them. Most sink mixers swivel, and the fixing nut would typically need to be more than finger tight to hold the base in position sufficiently.

I am looking forward to hearing more details about the product.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the fast response.

More details: 

6958959332915 Sink Mixer Cadenza Mondella (from receipt)

40mm cartridge

AS/NZS3718, WMKA21979 DR

Is this enough info?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mamer70,

I apologise for the delay in my reply. I've now been able to check with a team member in-store. The Mondella WELS 4 Star 7.5L/min Cadenza Sink Mixer does swivel.

Did you remember to place the fixing rubber and then the fixing washer onto the taps threaded body section before tightening the fixing nut? If so, it could be that the nut requires some extra tightening, or you have a stiff spout. Try moving the tap handle to full lock on the hot or cold side (the water doesn't need to be on). Keep pressure on the tap handle in the full lock position and try swivelling the spout. By holding the handle at full lock, you are also securing the body there. The spout swivels on the body. Sometimes the spouts swivel can be a bit stiff to start with, and it tries to turn the whole body loosening the nut.

If you continue to have issues, I suggest you return the product to the store for a replacement. We've seen an issue before in How to tighten new but loose mixer tap where @Rusmer experienced a very stiff spout swivel, and replacement solved the problem.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects