Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to close underfloor vents?

vin333
Just Starting Out

How to close underfloor vents?

I want to close the underfloor vents near the gas cylinder. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to close underfloor vents

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vin333. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about closing off vents.

It sounds like our helpful members will need some more details about your project in order to offer helpful solutions. Some pictures would be helpful, so let me know if you need assistance uploading them. 

What do these vents do, and why are they there? Is this gas cylinder outside, and are the vents on the floor near it? Why do you want to close off the vents, is gas entering the house?

Your question raises some concerns, as the only reason I can think of that you'd want to close off the vents is due to a smell of gas coming from the bottle and entering your home. There should be no leaking gas from the cylinder, regardless of whether there are vents there or not. Simply closing off the vents won't solve what could be a dangerous situation. Perhaps I'm reading too far into it, and your additional details will help clarify things.

If there is leaking gas that you can smell, please get in touch with the company operating your cylinder replacement service or emergency services.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more and assisting.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects