Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect Bosch freestanding dishwasher series 6 to water inlet?

Manojsbishtau
Getting Established

How to connect Bosch freestanding dishwasher series 6 to water inlet?

How to connect this water inlet for the Bosch dishwasher to the water outlet. The ring size in the dishwasher hose is bigger than the water outlet pipe and also it does not have an additional opening. Really appreciate your guidance on this.

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how to connect Bosch freestanding dishwasher series 6 to water inlet

Hi @Manojsbishtau

I am going to assume your Dishwash  connection and cold tap connection are both  15mm  (please measrure the thread  diameter to be sure)

Brasshards 15 x 20mm Chrome Loose Nut 2 Way Under Sink Tap I/N: 0401102  $22

Quick & Easy Installation

• Rotatable and compact- Best position every time
  • Unique cone seal- Teflon tape not required
  • Complies with AS/NZS3718
The Brasshards Loose Nut Two Way Undersink Stop Tap is designed for quick & easy installation where connection of appliance hoses and mixer tap hoses is required and is ideal for confined spaces. Constructed from the finest dezinified brass, finished with durable chrome plating, it is perfect for both residential and commercial applications. “DR” brass has been proven against the test of time by being able to withstand high temperatures while being resistant to corrosion. All Brasshards fittings have WaterMark approval and fully compliant with AS3688.

How are you connecting the dishwasher out let hose and where?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to connect Bosch freestanding dishwasher series 6 to water inlet?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Manojsbishtau. We're delighted to have you join us and trust you'll find the site a handy resource for all your D.I.Y. projects.

Great to see you've received advice from @Jewelleryrescue about connecting your dishwasher. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will also be able to happy to assist once he's back online.

Let me also tag our ever-helpful members @JDE and @CSParnell in case they have any thoughts.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@Manojsbishtau 

When I worked at the big green shed and in plumbing we had questions and problems like this all the time, due to the fact the outlet cold is close to the wall you may have issues installing a 3 way splitter on but what I suggest is taking a measurement between the back of the cabinet and the nut of the current hose and head on in to your local Bunnings. If you can install a 3 way Brass T piece or Y piece, then possible 15 to 20mm adapter. 

Brass Fittings 

Other scenario is to put a small 15mm flex hose on so you can get it away from the wall then the T or Y piece.

But Your Local should have the fittings there including a dishwasher hose with that fitting on it to compare just ask one of the Team Members for help.

Hi @Manojsbishtau,

I believe @Jewelleryrescue is on the money there, and the Brasshards 15 x 20mm Chrome Loose Nut 2 Way Under Sink Tap should solve your issue. You'll need a plumber to install it, but once they have, it allows you to have the current 15mm hose connected and then provides an additional 20mm screwed fitting for your larger washing machine hose.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thank you for your valuable response and it worked out well. I have successfully installed the dishwasher. 

Thank you

So pleased to hear that you've resolved the issue @Manojsbishtau.

Many thanks for the update.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects