Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect a kitchen faucet diverter?

dyurur
Finding My Feet

How to connect a kitchen faucet diverter?

Hey everyone, I am stuck with an idea and can't seem to find the solution for now so I need help!

I managed to find videos from YouTube and bought a faucet diverter and an attachment to hook my benchtops dishwasher to it. Happily has been using it UNTIL the benchtops water filter came into equation 😅

I understand that I couldn't find a dual tap adaptor connects directly to my faucet so maybe there are some attacments to dual one of the exits to hook up both. I need your opinion here are, the photo from Amazon with a diverter stop is what I use for my benchtops dishwasher. I looked for options but mostly there are for taps, wall, or garden, cannot be screwed in to my tap as it has shorter female and those I shared do not fit in.

Please help 😅

1000016202.png

1000016197.png

  

1000016230.png

the photos

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect a kitchen faucet diverter?

Hello @DIYLL 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us.

Lete me tag @dyurur to make them aware of your query. Are you working on a similar tap configuration and conversion? Just a friendly reminder, please keep in mind that Australian fittings use BSP (British Standard Pipe) which is metric. The majority of foreign fittings often come in imperial measurements and will not work with the plumbing fittings here. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to connect a kitchen faucet diverter?

Hey @DIYLL, I bought it but it never arrived as AliExpress sellers do sent small pieces like this with untracked packages/envelops. I honestly gave up and bought 35LT big blue water container and do once a fortnight water purification :unhappy:

It was a painful 6 months to try to divert the tap and I gave up after constantly looking and asking 😞

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects