Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking Modella kitchen mixer tap?

clivelloyd
Finding My Feet

How to fix leaking Modella kitchen mixer tap?

Ive a leaking modella kitchen mixer tap from bottom. Not sure how to fix it

3B4BC9F0-BE25-4E41-B921-DC97B7606FBC.jpeg

44241BEC-23FC-4C08-8180-24BC1B9DB9F6.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaking Modella kitchen mixer tap?

Hi @clivelloyd

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your leaking kitchen tap.

For us to track down the leak, we have to find out where it's coming from. I suggest wiping down the kitchen tap with a dry tea towel making sure to remove all sources of wetness on it and around it, including the benchtop around the tap as well. Observe the tap for a minute and see if it slowly develops a leak anywhere around the outside body. If any water comes outside of the body of the tap it's probably a faulty O-ring. This leak is probably travelling down the body of the tap down the side and under your benchtop.

However, if no water comes out and you're still getting a leak under the tap itself, odds are it's coming from the bottom assembly of the tap. The only other source of the leak is when water pools around the bottom flange of the tap and travel past the rubber O-ring seal. I suggest trying to tighten the black plastic locking ring under the tap. 

Unfortunately, Mondella doesn't provide spare part O-rings only ceramic tap cartridges. If your tap is still under warranty, I suggest calling the store you purchased it from and inquiring about refunding or exchanging it. Please make sure to bring the kitchen tap and proof of purchase to the store.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Eric

Hey Eric, where can I source a ceramic tap cartridge for a resonance kitchen mixer? Unfortunately, it's a just out of warranty. Thanks

Cheers Aaron... 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @aarongray 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your ceramic cartridge.

The store currently has a few varieties of ceramic cartridges in stock. If you are able to remove your old cartridge inside the kitchen tap, I suggest bringing it to the plumbing isle and comparing it to the ones available. Please note that not only does it have to be the same size, but it also has to have the same fittings at the bottom of the cartridge.

However, if you don't find a compatible cartridge, I suggest going to the special orders desk and asking them to order the cartridge for you. In the meantime, I propose re-installing the old cartridge back into the kitchen tap until your new one arrives.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects