Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to join Laminex benchtop?

mavisj
Finding My Feet

How to join Laminex benchtop?

Hi, how do I join a benchtop when one side has laminex on it? Thanks for any help.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to join laminex benchtop?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mavisj. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about joining a benchtop.

Generally, benchtop joiners would join two sections of a benchtop. If one side has Laminex on it, what is the other one made from? Or, are you saying that one of the laminate benchtops has a laminate edging on the end to which you are joining the new section, which doesn't have a laminate edging? The edging needs to be removed, and the sections glued together with joiners to get the least noticeable join. There will be a pretty noticeable join if you join them with an edging strip in between. 

Perhaps you might like to post a photo so our members have a better understanding of what you're working with and what solutions they could suggest.

We'll be looking forward to hearing more about your project and providing assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell. We have changed the join to an angle join and this has worked. Thanks so much.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to hear you've solved the issue @mavisj! I'm sure our members will be keen to see your finished results.

Please don't hesitate to let us know anytime you need assistance or have a project to share. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects