Workshop
Ask a question

How to paint laminated kitchen cupboards?

zxcvbnm
Just Starting Out

How to paint laminated kitchen cupboards?

Hello,

I have cream coloured laminated cupboards. 

I previously tried to paint them with the Dulux Renovation Range and the outcome was a disaster. The instructions were followed 100%. The final product was uneven and chipped over time. 

After a long process of paint remover and sanding, I am back to having ugly cupboard doors. 

Can someone please suggest a method to fix the appearance of the cupboards? I would prefer a darker colour.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint laminated kitchen cupboards?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @zxcvbnm. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about painting laminate.

I'm so sorry to hear you had issues coating your cabinetry. 

I guess the only decision would be what paint brand you'd like to try now, as I can't imagine, given your experience, that you'd like to give the Renovation range another shot. That leaves us with the White Knight RENEW laminate range. These are oil-based instead of water-based, and they give you a bit more working time to fix mistakes before moving on. It can be tinted to thousands of colours, plenty of which are darker.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects