Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair the hole in the sink downpipe under the sink after the dishwasher has been removed?

gmasina
Just Starting Out

How to repair the hole in the sink downpipe under the sink after the dishwasher has been removed?

I removed the dishwasher and want to know how to remove the pipe that connects into the downpipe under the sink.  I have left the pipe from the dishwasher connected but it sticks out like a sore thumb.  I noted the end that fits into the pipe has a rubber stopper of some sort that fits into the downpipe.  Is there a stopper that can be bought to repair the hole so I can remove the dishwasher pipe.

Thank you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair the hole in the sink downpipe under the sink after the dishwasher has been remo...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @gmasina. Many thanks for your question, I'd be glad to assist.

It's fantastic to have you join us and we look forward to assisting with your plumbing issue. In the absence of a specific item to fill these drainage holes, I've always relied on rubber chair leg tips as they fit very well and serve the purpose. You might like to add some Selleys 80g All Clear Multipurpose Sealant to the barb before pushing on the rubber stopper on.

There is no real pressure in this pipe so there are a variety of different methods for resealing it. Even filling the hole with the clear silicone will most likely solve the issue.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects