Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace laminate floor?

jordanperret
Growing in Experience

How to replace laminate floor?

1000000794.jpg1000000793.jpg1000000792.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacing laminate floor

Hi @jordanperret,

Thank you for your post.

If you could provide us with some more information on your project, this will help our knowledgeable members to construct informed responses.

If you are looking to stick laminate flooring back in place, you should thoroughly clean the area you would like to reapply the flooring to. You could then apply some Dunlop 454g Ready-To-Go Vinyl Flooring Spray Adhesive to the back of the flooring, put it in place and put something flat and heavy on it such as some weight plates or a stack of books to keep it flat while the glue cures.

Please note that tiles are not the intended substrate for flooring like this, however this would be an adequate solution to fix the issue I believe you might have.

If this is not the advice you are looking for, please reach out with some more details so I can assist further.

Jacob

jordanperret
Growing in Experience

Hi Jacob, sorry I thought I had made comments but it must have not gone through. I'm replacing the end laminate panel as I have recently removed a wall so I need more length of the transition cover and the metal plate that it clicks into. I also need underlay similar to what's in my photo. Finding it hard to find exact items or similar at Bunnings. Thanks for answering, it was still helpful. 

Hi @jordanperret,

Was the floor transition trim and underlay purchased from Bunnings? I'm also finding it difficult to locate similar products. If you happen to know the brand of the items, I  can certainly check our off-range products with our suppliers.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Unfortunately I don't know, it was completed by a tradie a few years ago.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jordanperret,

The underlay appears to be similar to this QEP Silver Laminate Floating Floor Underlay.

I can't find anything in the Bunnings range that is similar to this two-part clip in transition strip. The closest thing I can find is Roberts 3.3m Bronze Floating Floor Senior Trim which would require you to remove the existing base piece in order to install.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

It looks like the same transition trim we got from...

https://www.flooringxtra.com.au

Requires a mallet.

jordanperret
Growing in Experience

Thanks for this, the underlay would probably be fine but trying to avoid the metal trims.

jordanperret
Growing in Experience

Thanks for this. I have found somewhere local but if not then this is perfect.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects