Workshop
Ask a question

How to touch up painted laminate cupboards?

RobW777
Just Starting Out

How to touch up painted laminate cupboards?

Hi

I painted my kitchen cupboards and tiling with White Knight tile & laminate paint a few years ago.  
A few spots have subsequently worn through to the original on some of the cupboard doors (mostly behind the handles) and I wanted to ask if I can touch them up or whether it’s better to just repaint the whole door.

Thanks

Rob

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Recoating painted laminate

Hello @RobW777 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about recoating your painted laminate kitchen doors.

One of the issues with a paint touch up is that it is very visible. You can clearly see where the old paint ends, and the new paint begins. Old paint will eventually fade and take on a different tone. Even if you use the same can of paint from way back it will still be noticeable. The new paint stands out because it has no blemish or the hue of light dirt that often happens to painted surfaces.   

Since it has been a few years since the kitchen has been painted, I propose thinking about repainting the doors to give your kitchen a nice revamp.

Let me call on our experienced members @lifestylebymari, @redbournreno and @Peggers for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects