Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for a pantry with pipe in the corner

macduff89
Growing in Experience

Ideas for a pantry with pipe in the corner

Hello,

I have a townhouse with a very annoying built-in pantry and fridge space. It is built with stud walls, fixed shelves and a narrow door which make it hard to use the space efficiently. Until recently the door from the garage also opened into the kitchen, clashing with the pantry door (especially annoying if you opened the door when someone was accessing the pantry) but I'm in the process of converting this to a sliding door. My plan is to remove the front and side walls of the pantry and install a modern cabinet pantry with above fridge cabinet, similar to the one I have mocked up in the Kaboodle 3D planner. There is one major challenge which is the main waste water pipe from upstairs comes down at the back corner of the pantry.

Screenshot 2022-06-07 171836.png Screenshot 2022-06-15 115917.png 

Screenshot 2022-06-15 115859.png

Screenshot 2022-06-07 145058.png

Screenshot 2022-06-08 090507.png

Kitchen dimensions.png

I have considered using the Kaboodle pantry cabinets and modify them to suit. One option is to fit a 600mm pantry cabinet on the right side and a 300 or 400mm cabinet on the left. I don't think it would be too difficult to cut spaces top and bottom for the pipe and move the back panel forward, however cutting the shelves down and drilling new holes for the shelf supports would be a pain. I could also use a 900mm cabinet but this means making odd shaped shelves and more complicated joins to fit around the pipe.

I'm also planning to get a quote for custom made cabinets but wanted to see what other ingenious ideas you guys could come up with.

Cheers,

Adam

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: Ideas for a pantry with pipe in the corner

Hi @macduff89,

Top marks,

That looks great, as @EricL mentioned, you wouldn't even know that a soil pipe ran down through there.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects