Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

If you could change one thing...

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

If you could change one thing...

If you could change one thing about your kitchen, what would it be?

Many people spend a lot of time in the kitchen, whether it be preparing meals or entertaining. Getting the design right is crucial, as renovating down the track can be expensive. I'm always keen to learn about peoples mistakes as well as their successes... Hopefully it will also help others. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: If you could change one thing...

With two teenagers in the house and a raft of electronic devices, I would add a hidden charging station. I wish we had thought of it when we were renovating. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kim
Having an Impact

I'd completely overspend on the oven, and a rangehood that doesn't sound like a 747 engine. We've been lumped with the standard Metricon supplied oven for 6 years. Top, top end is the way to go.
Darren
Making a Splash

Stone benchtops rather than timber. As much as I love the look of timber the upkeep is a bit annoying. I'd also change the tap and the sink - I bought the tap online, big mistake. It feels plastic, which I don't like, so the next one will be purchased in person. As for the sink, this was a last-minute inclusion as we couldn't use the original sink we had selected (a problem with the proximity of the edge of the sink to a join in the timber - another reason to avoid timber benches). In our rush we got a sink that doesn't have a bowl big enough to wash some of our larger cooking items, which is not great.Sorry, that's three things!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

More room between the fridge and working spaces and the island bench. It can get a bit tight when there is more than one person working in the kitchen. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects