Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Island bench for my son's apartment

hazesnow
Making a Splash

Island bench for my son's apartment

8AA21D89-1F29-4E8B-94BE-11C128FE94A1.jpeg

 first of the leg pieces. 

B10A10F8-7028-42C3-86A1-0D57B570B66E.jpeg

 test fit! It’s looking good.... 

270C1EA1-26EF-4A89-9B72-6C602BF5472E.jpeg

 the sides are ready for filing and sanding

80A45598-F6F6-4A08-AB86-188E47B2D05E.jpeg

started on the butcher block style benchtop. 

Re: update on the island bench

@MitchellMc thanks heaps! 
I’ve  just used British paints high gloss white and used a 100mm x 4mm microfibre roller and just laid it off gently after the initial coat, lightly sanded between coats and left to dry for a full day! 

Island bench is finally home

014C70EE-CA90-4442-BDC1-79ACB0B70147.jpeg

 So for those who have been following this process it’s finally taken it’s place in it’s rightful home... I’m so pleased and proud of how it’s turned out! That’s me at the back!! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Island bench is finally home

That looks phenomenal, @hazesnow! Congratulations on completing a magnificent project. Were there any more images of the front and a closeup of the top? I trust our members would be keen to see all the features of the finished island bench.

Many thanks for sharing this journey with us; it's been a thrilling ride. I very much look forward to seeing your next project.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks heaps it was a lot of fun and I’m so proud of what I’ve achieved for them. ❤️

Hello @hazesnow 

This came out really nice! It looks really very sturdy. Fantastic build. Looking forward to your next project!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@redracer01 thanks so much it was a pleasure to make as well! It breaks down for ease of moving as it’s damned heavy! 😂 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects