Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen reno advice appreciated

B1G-T
Just Starting Out

Kitchen reno advice appreciated

Hi there everyone

My wife and I are looking at doing renovations to the kitchen

We have a 1986 trus home I was told that this means the internal wall can be removed

Any advice would be appreciated 

wanting to run new kitchen to the far windowwanting to run new kitchen to the far windowremoving cupboardsremoving cupboardsremove and replace allremove and replace allremoving cupboardsremoving cupboardslooking at removing walllooking at removing wall20191123_171011.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen reno advice appreciated

Hi @B1G-T,

Welcome to Workshop.

What an exciting time for you! The community loves a good kitchen renovation project so I'm sure you'll get plenty of helpful advice and inspiration. 

Do you have a floorplan of your house that you could share please? It would really help other members to better visualise what you are working with and suggest any alterations. 

Also, do you have anything on your wishlist as yet? What are your goals for the reno? Eg Do you need more storage space? More benchtops? An island bench? An eating area?

Hope that helps get the discussion started. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Kitchen reno advice appreciated

@B1G-T 

Hello! Thank you for the photos. Would it be possible to ask for a rough line drawing and possibly some measurements? Which wall were you planning to take out? Was it the pantry/fridge wall? How much actual space can we use? Soon as you post the information I will draw you a sketch as soon as time permits.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects