Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen renovation progress

JillofallTrades
Growing in Experience

Kitchen renovation progress

So far, so good. Old cabinets removed, lino and masonite lifted, wallpaper removed (NEVER want to see wallpaper again in my lifetime!). 

Shall add new photos soon, walls have been sanded and washed, undercoat/primer and two coats of colour have been completed. 

20191117_083724.jpg

20191117_083707.jpg

20191121_104620.jpg

20191129_102820.jpg

  

20191129_102833.jpg

20191222_093225.jpg

20191222_093255.jpg

20191222_093243.jpg

  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen renovation progress

Congratulations @JillofallTrades, it looks like you are making great progress. We are looking forward to seeing another update soon. 

Please let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Jason. The gent has moved his equipment in this morning ready to start work on the floors.

I have now moved back to the family home to take care of my disabled sisters so he has free reign!

JillofallTrades
Growing in Experience

Wow, really dropped the ball on keeping the updates flowing - not sure where time goes???

Anyway, kitchen has been repainted, floors throughout house, except bedrooms, have been stripped back, sanded and polished. The second hand kitchen has been installed - ran into a problem with the benchtops, because I played with the layout I needed to cut the benchtop to suit however there is nobody local to me that can cut caesarstone. I have placed an order for a benchtop with Bunnings in a Black Toffee Gloss, and have decided to be a bit daring and go for a splashback in red!

I have also managed to strip, prep and paint the laundry. Just need to get the correct sizing in skirting boards and various trim to fix up a few areas.

Some photos following...

20200617_112803.jpg

20200617_112833.jpg

20200617_112811.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

Hi @JillofallTrades,

Many thanks for updating us on your progress, you should be extremely proud of what you've already accomplished. The kitchen certainly looks like it is taking shape and those floors boards are incredible. I'm a great fan of the variation in colours to the timber in the hall section as it looks amazing.

Please let us know when the benchtop goes in as I'm sure members will be waiting to see. There is also nothing wrong with a dash of colour especially if it is the splashback!

Great work and we look forward to your next update.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I am just in love with how those floors have come up! Hard to believe people would cover them with carpet and vinyl...

Hello @JillofallTrades 

Those floors have come up wonderfully. Your kitchen is progressing very well, was it custom built? Looking forward to the final reveal!

Cheers!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

I lucked into a 2nd hand modular kitchen just after I purchased the house and have been able to redesign to fit the space I have available. In the process of changing out the handles at the moment just to update the look a bit.

And yes, those floors are just beautiful!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects