Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Microwave

Dkozzie
Growing in Experience

Microwave

Hi all, I have a question that may be silly but not sure!  I am wanting to put my microwave Underneath the bench in my Kaboodle kitchen. Would I be able to use a 600 mm Kaboodle cupboard and put the microwave on top of the shelf?..,without the door!  am looking at this as it seems to be a much cheaper option than getting the microwave box and a separate drawer on the bottom. Does this work? Has anyone tried it?

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Microwave

The answer is yes! This method I suggest, you will need to use steel angle brackets ( small ones at least eight, four on each side ) to hold the shelf up. Once fitted will fix the shelf in place. The shelf must not move to avoid the danger of the microwave tilting inside the cabinet. Place microwave in place, marvel at your own genius!

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2020-05-24 Zenith 25mm Zinc Plated Angle Brackets - 4 Pack.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @Dkozzie.

It's fantastic to have you join us and great to see you have received such a prompt response from redracer01!

If you need further advice on the installation of your microwave or had other questions, please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dkozzie
Growing in Experience

Redracer01, you’re a champ!! One more question, does Kaboodle sell a one draw setup for the bottom shelf Space or alternatively, could I use just a draw front and make it a cupboard door opening for the bottom part?l by outrun 2 door hinges?

Hello @Dkozzie 

Yes you can. However you will need to make provisions for the hinges so that they fit. You also need to put a magnetic latch to hold the door in place. I suggest the item below instead.

Cheers!

Red

There is also an equivalent in the Practa range.There is also an equivalent in the Practa range.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects