Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with 70s style kitchen renovation on a budget

Asma
Just Starting Out

Need help with 70s style kitchen renovation on a budget

hi i have a 70s style U shape kitchen i want ro renovate it my budget is 3000 $ also want to get rid of old electric oven can i do it in 3000??

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need help with 70s style kitchen renovation on a budget

Hi @Asma,

Welcome to the community. It's great to have you join us. 

I'm sure that if you search for budget kitchen projects on this site as well as checking out what the @MakeItYours team achieved with a very modest budget recently  you will see that you have plenty of options. 

However, in order for members to assist you we will need a lot more information about your kitchen. Can you please share a floorplan with dimensions and some photos so we can see what you are working with. Can you also please share what your goals are for this project in as much detail as possible. For example, do you need more storage or benchtop space? Or perhaps you are happy with all the functionality of the kitchen but just need that new oven and a fresh new look?

Looking forward to seeing how you can transform your kitchen.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tanyamaree71
Getting Established

You sure can if you have the time to do it yourself. You'll need a few things to start you off like zip lock bags Philips head screwdriver sugarsoap, sponges, scour rags, hand electric sander, putty to begin..

Tanyamaree71
Getting Established

Yes definety and your bathroom to.

sahrenity
Just Starting Out

Welcome to the Workshop community @sahrenity

It's great to have you join us and many thanks for jumping straight into the conversation. Have you renovated recently or have one in the planning? I'm sure Asma and the rest of our community members would like to see any projects you have going on around your home and garden and I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for them within the community. Please let us know if you ever need assistance or if you would like to share one of your projects with us.

Mitchell

Hi there Mitchell , no probs, I'm like a man version of Bob the builder, there's nothing I won't give a go!! My kitchen is spectacular,  before it was 70s with a green benchtop wood doors. I'm still doing the overheads doing some repairs as I go along. But for a women I did fantastic for my first kitchen, I learnt a lot first time around.. Bag each doors hardware and mark the doors, or you'll have probs putting them back together lol. I never used those special kits either I used normal paint on a laminated benchtop just sanded and patched repaired the joint were the laminate raised. I sanded it back, that s all, and sand in between coats..

we didn't use these 600x600 tiles as they chipped when the other half had to cut off a bit, we found out later on he should have kept it wet while cutting them. 

IMG70.jpg

IMG65.jpg

Hi @Tanyamaree71,

Many thanks for sharing your kitchen renovation. It certainly looks like you have done a fantastic job!  Have you used tiles on the benchtop?

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects