Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Old 60s kitchen needs an update

Mumface
Getting Established

Old 60s kitchen needs an update

0C38F36C-FAC4-4905-BD37-03835A487EDC.jpeg

1814E2CB-88E0-4517-8893-E766FF8C5F42.jpeg

CB3042F6-0900-4538-A9C8-9F9FF1BED8E9.jpeg

A25303BF-428F-4422-AACD-23EB4A53F565.jpeg

A5D25F32-EA33-4FBA-8A65-F0C285DD1667.jpeg

40EE0F7B-31E2-49F4-814C-F48DDDEF1E79.jpeg

3C74795B-F85C-4826-96EB-2B685DAF9169.jpeg

74CD4DC1-A9A8-48DA-9FC3-45504E6E41D8.jpeg

3E33F26E-12B3-430A-A210-88ADD46A1C2D.jpeg

As you can see it’s a very tiny area. Id like to keep breakfast bar if possible and add a dishwasher. More cupboard/draw/pantry space. We’ve removed small water cylinder and gone instant gas. TIA Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Old 60s kitchen needs an update

Hi @Mumface,

Many thanks for sharing your project and I trust our helpful members will be happy to provide some suggestions. Let me mention @redracer01 to see if he might like to take a look at the layout and offer some input.

Were you looking at a full renovation and removing all the existing cabinetry? Is there any type of budget that you wish to stick to?

You might be interested in reading through a few kitchen renovation threads for ideas including Kitchen reno layout ideas Kaboodle kitchenIdeas to renovate 70s kitchen and New small kitchen layout ideas. Here are some great step-by-step D.I.Y. guides on a Simple kitchen makeoverHow to create a black white and wood kitchen and How to renovate and modernise your kitchen.

We look forward to seeing what decisions you make on your project and can't wait to see you get started.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes a full renovation please. Not sure on Budget. 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Mumface 

Here are some suggestions. You can bring this in to any Bunnings store near your area along with your measurements and get a quote today! Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

mumfacekitchen1.jpgmumfacekitchen2.jpgmumfacekitchen3.jpgmumfacekitchen4.jpgmumfacekitchen5.jpgmumfacekitchen6.jpgmumfacekitchen7.jpgmumfacekitchen8.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @redracer01,

That looks fantastic! Many thanks for spending the time to create an amazing rendering showcasing to @Mumface what could be achieved in the space. 

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mumface,

Just wondering how you are going with your renovation plans? I trust you found Red's designs to be very inspiring. 

Please let us know your thoughts and how we can assist you in progressing with this exciting project. 

Jason

Cheers Red
Appreciate your input. My1st impression was it looked overcrowded but it’s growing on me. 

Apologies for not getting back sooner. 
Mumface

Mumface
Getting Established

Hi Jason

thanks for the email. We’re finishing off outdoor projects then will move onto Kitchen Reno.

Regards

Mumface

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for the update @Mumface. All the best with your outdoor projects. Please let us know if you need anything.

Jason

@redracer01 May I ask what program you use for your renders (they are great).  I'm using KaboodlePlanner (which is also great) but don't see this setting?

Thanks, Ari

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects