Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Opening up a laundry/kitchen space

Ingi
Finding My Feet

Opening up a laundry/kitchen space

We have a small kitchen adjoining a small laundry. Currently the fridge is in the only passageway in the kitchen, which is very annoying. We'd like:

• to open up both rooms
  • have a large island for benchspace (not stovetop or sink)
  • have a wall oven/microwave
  • 600mm induction cooktop and rangehood (you will not our current 900mm gas with 600mm rangehood - who designed that?)
  • have an "inbuilt" laundry (eg: front loading washer/dryer plus a storage cupboard
  • have a pantry but also an appliance cupboard
  • have a coffee/tea station
  • a small desk space at the dining end of the room if there is room

I've done up what I think we could achieve, but really open to suggestions as to how to make the space work and also colours. 

Cheers

Ingrid

Current 2.jpgCurrent.pngRoom measurements.pngView 1.pngView 2.pngView 3.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Opening up a laundry/kitchen space

Hello @Ingi,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your dream of opening up your kitchen layout.

Those Kaboodle layouts you've posted are fantastic. In reference to your requests, I've moved some of the cabinets to allow you to have your coffee nook. By moving the oven tower to its current position it will give you maximum benchtop space near the sink. It also removes that look of bulkiness when you have too many large cabinets together. Although further away from the cooktop it is still near the fridge and the microwave is now in now an ideal position.

We look forward to seeing your plans, please keep us updated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Ingi,

It's great to see you've already had a fantastic render put together by @EricL. I've gone for a slightly more simplistic design. The washer and dryer can be installed in the 600mm pantry to the left of the coffee nook with some custom work.

Please let us know what you think. We can't wait to follow along with your project.

Mitchell  

1.png2.png3.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ingi
Finding My Feet

Thank you @EricL ! I like the idea of moving the wall oven away from the sink. I could even have it on the right-hand side, closer to the stove top.

Thank you @MitchellMc I really like the styling here! And I never thought of having the laundry in the pantry - but I really like it!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects