Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Problem with Kaboodle hinges needing regular adjustment

Lindilou
Just Starting Out

Problem with Kaboodle hinges needing regular adjustment

So, I am on to my fourth set of corner cupboard hinges and still no luck.  I have a screwdriver permanently in the kitchen and need to adjust and re-tighten them every day or two.  Does anyone have any  advice on what I can do?

Re: Problem with Kaboodle hinges needing regular adjustment

Hi @klandles 

Great photo it really shows  your point  well.

I am thinking if it was my hinge you might need a  replacment hinge might be the strongest repair as you have had to try uber tighten that screw over time. Some times you get  hardware that is not too specifications and that screw mount might be worn over size now too.

Loctite like @MitchellMc  is also good to start with but for the  price  of a new hinge. Your sanity is worth  saving .

I would use both a new hinge and loctite. 

@Lindilou   Says they on there 4th set of hinges.  Maybe  change brands  I would almost want to add a one  or 2 extra hinges but  that requires so accurate machining.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @klandles 

Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend having a look at the Hafele Salice 70° Bifold Corner Hinge Clip On - 1 Pair. Please note that both hinges must be replaced when upgrading them to the new set. The Hafele set is much more robust as the adjustment is located in the main body of the hinge. 

If you run into any other issues with the hinges, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ajreyno
Just Starting Out

I have I have the same problem. So over it. It’s sad that I will not buy another kaboodle product because of a hinge!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ajreyno. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Have you contacted Kaboodle or one of our stores to alert them to your issue? There's a ten years warranty on all cabinets, hinges, drawer runners, handles, doors, panels and laminate benchtops in their range. You can either speak with one of our team at your local store's Special Orders counter with your proof of purchase or contact Kaboodle directly, but typically they'll just swap the hinges over for you. 

Please let me know if you need assistance having your faulty hinges replaced.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects