Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small Kitchen

Stacey1
Finding My Feet

Small Kitchen

I have a very small kitchen to do in a shed, i only have 2.3m in length, only space for 1 long bench and would like to put sink and stove in if possible and as much storage kitchen stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Small Kitchen

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Stacey1. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It would be great if you could provide a little more information about your project. Perhaps you could post a picture and a floor plan so our members can get a better idea of what you are working with.

I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration on the site if you browse through the many kitchen installations our members have contributed.

You might like to start with some of these discussions:

I would suggest you start with some project panels. They are relatively inexpensive and are fantastic when used as benches. They are a perfect choice for a minimalistic kitchen install.

We look forward to hearing more about your project and assisting you with some solutions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Stacey1 

Here are some suggestions. If you have any room left maybe you can build the mobile island as well. Hope the drawings help.

Cheers,

Red

stacey1.jpgstacey2.jpgstacey3.jpgstacey4.jpgstacey5.jpgstacey6.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks 

I really like this and  have a window above the bench and only 600 of wall for cupboard or microwave on the left. The roof height is 5.5metres do we need to have a range hood? I also have a pantry under the staircase so i could have extra bench and draws in that space. Also the plumbing for the sink is on the right hand side.

Thanks again

Hello @Stacey1 

How big is the window? How far is the window from the left wall? You need a rangehood to catch grease and smoke from sticking in the kitchen. Maybe a picture of the area would help or perhaps a sketch, does not have to be pretty just accurate. 5.5 meters? Is it an old pre-war home? Take a picture of the staircase as well if you can and please post.

Red 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hey

Window is 1500 long, i have 610 of wall space on left of window. This space is in a shed we have built not a house, just trying to work out a design to get most storage. thanksPhoto on 29-9-20 at 7.21 pm.jpg

Hello @Stacey1 

Here are the revised drawings and a suggestion for your microwave oven.

Cheers,

Red

A1stacey1.jpgA1stacey2.jpgA1stacey3.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects