Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small kitchen upgrade

newbie23
Building a Reputation

Small kitchen upgrade

Hi

I am looking to do a small renovation on my kitchen and would love some advice.

My budget is 8k max with appliances. 

Problem is I don't think I can change the cabinets as the floor tiles go thru the rest of the unit and it's too expensive a job to change the whole lot. 

So was looking for options. 

Do you think I could just replace the benchtop and appliances and make a big difference? 

Maybe re-tile splashback? 

I did paint the tiles a few years back and they are OK, but you can still see the old embossed tiles. 

Cabinet doors maybe?  How would I then handle the bottom and top trimmings and the island? 

Painting is an option - thoughts? 

Would love to get a slimline dishwasher (45cm) in under the sink - would it be possible? 

if I changed the sink to a single and get the existing cabinets cut to fit it? 

Totally open for suggestions and thanks in advance.

I have attached a sketch of the measurements - definitely not to scale!!

D203F1FA-136F-4B35-AE01-528A1A9F0F2C.jpeg

63C74ACE-232E-43D8-BF82-42F8260FECDB.jpeg528D297F-5EEB-44CD-A7EB-FAC82703B736.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Small kitchen upgrade

Wow, fantastic result @newbie23, Thanks so much for returning and showing us what you have achieved. It will be really helpful and inspiring to others, so I've featured your great work on our Project Gallery. Congratulations. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @newbie23 that looks amazing. Its almost identical to what I want to do to our kitchen. Including the dishwasher install. So you mind helping me by answering some questions?

What dishwasher is that?

Looks like a new sink as well?

Did you do this work by yourself or get someone to help you with this one?

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Harold_Boon. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for joining the conversation.

I trust that @newbie23 will answer your questions as soon as they are able to.

We look forward to hearing more about your kitchen renovation project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with us. I'm sure you'll find loads of information within the community as our wonderful members are contributing their own projects here every day.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects