Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stirring paddle spoon - time filler and little cash earner

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

Stirring paddle spoon - time filler and little cash earner

From some 50 year old rimu (red pine) I cut off the nailed and daggy bits and with my ryobi circular saw cut the 1 inch 4x1 in half and used my ryobi plane to get the thickness to around 4mm. Marked out the spoons and cut out with jigsaw. Sanding to finish. Also did the same with some 10 mm untreated pine from Bunnings ( didn’t cut it thinner just planed down to 4mm. Oiled with bench top food safe Tung oil. Wipe excess off after an hour and leave for 24 hours, repeat oiling wipe and dry. Ready to go

01337010-4A3D-467A-975E-5E74D3243B32.jpeg

FA4FB59D-460E-4CB0-829B-153B2C477FC9.jpeg

CB643661-A472-4BCC-889B-14F317BE451D.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: stirring paddle spoon time filler snd little cash earner

What a wonderful project, @Madmoggy! I especially like the finish you've achieved on the Rimu.

There's been a lot of discussions lately about great starter projects for members getting into woodworking. Would you say this is a project a beginner in woodworking could achieve? If so, you might like to contribute it to the discussion about small woodworking projects for beginners.

Many thanks for sharing and providing details on how you went about the project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects