Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Update on house renos Kitchen

Sez
Building a Reputation

Update on house renos Kitchen

The kitchen was my biggest decision maker. Because I had to decide whether I wanted the house to be open living or closed and separated as it was. Having it open meant lack of storage having it closed meant small and pokie. At the start I booked in with Kaboodle kitchens. I paid for kaboodle consultant to come out to my property. The quote I received with no appliances was over $10000. I then thought I would try Ikea kitchens and the quote from them with appliances was $5000-. So I picked Ikea. 

122B7777-2FF4-480A-BD5E-28E56BD24D6A.jpeg

52A33A6E-23D4-4DA9-8F7F-2F4B7984FDB8.jpeg

45C9741F-67F2-4622-92B0-D616A7E73E8E.jpeg

676438D1-C18F-4A28-ADCF-DF4039D9C5CD.jpeg

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Update on house renos Kitchen

@Sez Glad to see your results! Was that for the same layout with kaboodle, that seems really expensive for what is pictured and no appliances. Good to hear some feedback though.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Ang_flange
Cultivating a Following

That looks great! Where did you put your fridge?

Sez
Building a Reputation

The original plan was to have fridge at end of bench with oven but it didn’t work or look good. So I have decided to have my fridge and pantry in the laundry. So one end have fridge/freezer with open industrial look shelving and the other end washing machine/dryer etc. This is my next project the laundry/pantry.

Sez
Building a Reputation

No it’s not exactly. In the kaboodle package I had 4 wall cupboards and only the L shaped bench. With IKEA I replaced the 4 wall cupboards with a secured island bench with extra cupboard and drawer space and added the shelving above stove.

To be honest I found the IKEA kitchens a lot better quality.

Jays00
Finding My Feet

wow!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Jays00. I'm sure @Sez appreciates the positive feedback.

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our amazing members. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
wendalls
Growing in Experience

Hey @Sez - this looks great. I'm so surprised at what can be done with such little budget! I am about to embark on our own Kitchen reno and will talk to IKEA about their planning service. Are you able to post your itemised budget - if you have it handy. Did the 5k include any contractors to put it all together?

Sez
Building a Reputation

I’m so sorry I have taken so long to reply @wendalls i couldn’t access internet until now. I can’t find the itemised invoice at the moment but will message you when I do. No the price did not include contractors to put together I had a family friend come and do it and I helped. In saying that though the amount of follow up and support I had from Ikea staff was amazing and very helpful. Ikea can give you a list of sub contractors that can come put them together for you. As long as you know how to use a drill, measuring tap and circular saw my friend said anyone can do it.

wendalls
Growing in Experience

Thank you Sez - this is all very helpful

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects