Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would you do to this kitchen?

djh90
Finding My Feet

What would you do to this kitchen?

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on here :bigsmile:

I am looking for some ideas to renovate the kitchen within a budget, abit about the property:

• Rental (Launceston, TAS)
  • I want to use the existing kitchen and just give it a fresh, clean look
  • I was thinking of painting the cupboards white,tiles white and changing the fittings 

Any ideas would be great, I will begin renovations in three weeks 

IMG_2160.jpgIMG_2168.jpgIMG_2159.jpgIMG_2151.jpgIMG_2149.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ideas for designs to renovate old kitchen

Hello djh90,
If we are looking at a cosmetic fix I suggest paying for a professional sprayer. There heaps on the internet. You can even ask for a quote online. I suggest a dark benchtop, white gloss cabinet combo. Maybe a white spray on the tiles for your splashback. It will brighten everything up. However you have inset handles on your door they are cut in into the door and cant be replaced. Might as well have it painted white as well. A fresh coat of paint on the kitchen walls and presto brand new refreshed kitchen. Those pro sprays even come with guarantees. Hope your renovation is a success!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thank you, I will look into some of the recommnedations.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

A very warm welcome to Workshop @djh90. We're pleased you could join us. Kitchen projects are very popular on the site at the moment so I'm sure community members will be happy to assist. 

You might also find these recent discussions very helpful:

Thanks again for sharing your project with us. I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: What would you do to this kitchen?

Are you replacing the oven and rangehood @djh90?

Any plans for the flooring?

Cabinetry, tiles and benchtops looks in good shape so a cosmetic update for those should be fine. 

Do check out the discussion here, particularly the advice from @2Belindas - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Kitchen/Kitchen-Renovation/td-p/21803

And hopefully the videos below are useful

Re: What would you do to this kitchen?

I will be updating the cook top :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects