Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which rangehood would be best for my kitchen?

Tony9
Finding My Feet

Which rangehood would be best for my kitchen?

Hi Friends

Due to lockdown, we are doing lot of cooking at home so the kitchen area is getting greasy and sticky everywhere.

So I am keen to get a rangehood installed which can solve this problem. There is an existing slide out rangehood that will be replaced. 

Getting confused with so many rangehood varities in the market e.g. canopy, silde out, recirculating etc. 

It would be extremely helpful if I am able to know the best rangehood given the strategic location of my kitchen.

Please note we live in a townhouse and there is another townhouse on the other side of the kitchen (we have common wall) and the garage is on the right side as shown in the photo. 

Preference would be for a rangehood that is not very noisy and I get my kitchen back which is non greasy and non sticky.

Budget not a problem.  

Thanks a lot

Kitchen.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which rangehood would be best for my kitchen?

Hello @Tony9

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about which rangehood would be best for my kitchen.

Before I offer a recommendation, would it be possible for you to tell me if you have ducting in your current range hood? Is it a recirculating type or is the smoke taken away to the top of the roof? Once you tell us we will be able to offer a comprehensive recommendation. 

A good range hood usually has 3 speeds to allow you to control the flow of air. It has a feature that allows you to vent air outside or to recirculate it if you have no ducting. It has aluminum grease traps that are dishwasher safe and allows you to attach charcoal filters to the motor housing. Please keep us updated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tony9
Finding My Feet

Hi Eric

Thanks.

I am uploading a video of the old rangehood I am trying to replace.

Hope it helps.

Regards

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Tony9 

Thank you for uploading that video. I recommend using the Bellini 60cm Stainless Steel Recirculating Slideout Rangehood as a replacement unit. It is powerful and has three fan settings. It can operate without ducting and function in recirculation mode. It has aluminum grease filters that are dishwasher safe. It has a modern LED lamp that is very tolerant of oil contamination and heat. I suggest using the Bellini Charcoal Filters - 2 Pack to totally capture all the grease from cooking. 

I suggest measuring your old rangehood from all sides, inside, and out. You can then compare the space occupied by your old one to the new one. This will tell you if the new rangehood will fit into your space.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects