Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

eHelp with my old, water damaged kitchen

hanmckelvie
Growing in Experience

eHelp with my old, water damaged kitchen

Hi everyone,

I need help please with my small kitchen and some changes I need to make to it. It is U-shaped with open doorways on either side, with a wall at the back as well which currently houses my fridge and some cupboards and a window over the sink space. I am unable to knock out the wall next to the dining room due to strata rules (lame) so I need help creating a functional space that is light so that it seems bigger than it is (this is a 3x bed house so would be great to suit a growing family if I were to sell). Pictures enclosed showing the current state + layout/measurements. I've had a go on the Kaboodle planner however the sizing of many of the cabinets/pantry are too large for my space so I am not sure how that would affect my budget if I need to get customised items. I'd love to have a combined oven/cooktop, space to house my microwave, have a pantry and cupboards for plates/glasses, more bench top space and a liquor cabinet as well if possible (pull out at the bottom with room on top to house wine glasses etc). I currently have bamboo flooring which I can't change as it flows throughout my house into the dining & living room. Any recommendations/comments for a novice would be great - budget would possibly be $5k-$10k. Thank you so much in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 11.29.18 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-10 at 11.31.05 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-10 at 11.35.09 am.png

Re: eHelp with my old, water damaged kitchen

Wow @redracer01 would never have thought of that configuration and I love the position of the wine cooler and so glad a dishwasher fits! I’ve booked in my kaboodle at home session and will definitely show them this :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects