Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

need to know how to increase pressure from a spray mixer

Urania
Just Starting Out

need to know how to increase pressure from a spray mixer

Hi I recently bought and had installed a Tall Vege Spray Mixer for my kitchen sink. Found that there is no pressure for the hot water. When I put it onto cold water the pressure is there however once you turn it to hot water hardly any water comes out. Please help

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: need to know how to increase pressure from a spray mixer

That must be frustrating @Urania. I hope Workshop members have some suggestions for you.

There was an interesting discussion kicked off by @qeff a couple of months ago about water pressure that you might like to check out - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Bathroom-and-Laundry/Flexible-braided-hose-connector-Cause-of-Low-Pre...

I will also tag some members who might be able to provide some assistance, including @royq@Tara86 and @LePallet.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We trust you will receive lots of fantastic advice and inspiration for your projects from our members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something new to share.

We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Check to see if the Flexible Water Connector isnt kinked... BTW, also photos help? hth

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Check underneath your sink if your taps attach to a stoptap, like. Valve and make sure they are both turned on. Unscrew the tap head and check for blockages. 

Other wise check all your other taps in the house just for hot water pressure and you may have a pressure problem 

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Exactly what the guys have suggested - check the values are fully open. When anything is done that connects to the water lines then these will be shut off. It can be as simple as the tradie forgot to reopen the values after they finished.

If they are both fully open it could be your new mixer has an internal defect. If your comfortable at testing this theory on your own Or have someone test it for you.
You’ll need to turn off the water supply under the sink and remove the hot and cold lines. Have the lines run from the wall into a bucket and open the cold valve and see what the pressure is like. Do the same to the hot. If the pressure if back to normal it’s a defective mixer. If this doesn’t solve the problem then definitely have your pressure checked.

Good luck nothing worse than unexpected low pressure!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects