Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Advice on how to hang up cube shells I've tried 3M command adhesive type and its fallen down 3 times

Arizona1984
Just Starting Out

Advice on how to hang up cube shells I've tried 3M command adhesive type and its fallen down 3 times

20201019_203627.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Advice on how to hang up cube shells I've tried 3M command adhesive type and its fallen down ...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Arizona1984. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You'll most likely find that you need something more substantial than 3M self-adhesive to mount this shelf unit. I would suggest attaching one of these Zenith 20mm Zinc Plated Angle Brackets per cube to the wall with Macsim 8mm Yellow Zinc Hollow Wall Anchors. You'll need to position the brackets at the corresponding heights of the three shelves. Allow the bracket to hang down to form an L shape. Place the top panels of shelving unit onto the brackets and screw through the bracket into the underside of the shelf.

If done correctly the fixing and L bracket will be hidden by the thickness of the timber.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects