Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Benches for a home darkroom.

matt335
Just Starting Out

Benches for a home darkroom.

Hello.

I am converting a new bedroom space into a home photographic darkroom. The space is 3x3.2 metres. See pic1. 

IMG_7400.JPG

I want to build benches all the way around the room in a "U" shape. As per the pic here the left hand wall will be a bench with a sink on top. The wall on the right will hold two photographic enlargers. And the bench between the two wall just a workspace. I want to have two shelves under each bench for storage. Because I am 1.85m tall I need a bench height of at least 100cm. I will need sturdy benches to hold the sink and two enlargers.

I do like the work benches that Rodney built and shows here in Bunnings Workshop at https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/New-work-benches/td-p/13931

Is it possible to measure cut and build these style of benches at Bunnings? I do not own tools necessary.

thanks in advance for any comments, direction or advice.

Matt. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Benches for a home darkroom.

Welcome to the Workshop community @matt335. Thanks for your question, I'd be happy to answer it for you.

If you view the instructions that @Rodney has been helpful in supplying on his post: https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/New-work-benches/td-p/13931, you could adjust the sizing to suit your own project.

Bunnings offer a cutting service, allowing you to have all the sizes cut to the correct length. That would make the project simple for you to assemble at home. A drill driver set would assist in the assembly and a drill bit set would be needed also.

If you would like more information about the services Bunnings provides or need further assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Benches for a home darkroom.

Thanks Mitchell.

thats very helpful. I will make some proper measurements and come in to choose some timber. 

regards

Matt 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects