Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Brick feature wall

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Brick feature wall

A quick little feature wall I did in my sons room today, using some left over paint, a sponge and about an hour of my time 👌🏻
C79A19C9-8C37-4763-874F-AA85511B2FB9.jpeg

C6AC9298-D49C-4BA3-A3AB-D327A2B04D96.jpeg

9B891EFD-EB25-4490-A8C5-21DB17A34F00.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Brick feature wall

Wow it looks amazing @prettyliving. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing another clever project.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Wow 🤩 that’s amazing @prettyliving . What a beautiful bedroom ! I love the different shades of the bricks 🥰

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks brilliant @prettyliving. Congrats! 

Thanks so much for sharing. We love your creativity. 

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

So much more interest on that wall now @prettyliving. The difference is amazing.

Fantastic work as always!

Mitchell

Thank you 😊 @mich1972 @MitchellMc @Jason @StevieB 

It worked out well, I just adjusted how much paint I put on the sponge to get the different shades 👌🏻

KevinMall
Making a Splash

Thats a great idea! Well done.

@KevinMall Thank you 🙂

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @prettyliving 

That's a fantastic layout. Those pieces that you've combined in the room are great and compliment one another. I would never have the steady hand for that wall. Thanks for showing which sponge you used. I was thinking that it was a giant sponge so that you could have a good hold on it. A great over all look and that brick pattern just brings it all together. We look forward to seeing your next project.

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks @redracer01 

A thicker sponge would be a lot easier to hold onto. I tip I found that worked well with the thinner sponge is pouring small amounts of paint into a tray, by keeping the paint shallow it helped with not getting too much paint on the sides of the sponge when dipping it in. I found when there started to get to much paint on the sides then it became hard to get a grip on the sponge. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects