Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Carpet protector

kalpana
Just Starting Out

Carpet protector

My baby just turned 4 months and i would like some advice on how to protect her from the carpet dust at my rented apartment. I have heard of carpet protector sheets that can be layed over the existing carpet to prevent the flow of fine fibres from the carpet into the air. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Carpet protector

Hi @kalpana,

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. We're really happy to have you join us and trust that you'll receive loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything.

I'll now hand over to the community for suggestions about your carpet. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

I know it will be a pain but I suggest renting the carpet shampoo cleaner at Bunnings and shampoo the whole apartment. After the carpet dries off use 3m fabric protector. Thats a lot of fabric protector! But its for the baby! You then get a fan with a pollen filter and that should provide adequate protection. Good luck.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks a ton for your response

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects