Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY a modern stylish coat hanger

Endazhang
Growing in Experience

DIY a modern stylish coat hanger

mmexport1659094444354.jpg

My wife and I were browsing for pretty furniture when we found this coat hanger. It has an elegant and simple design and would perfectly fit into my living room.

However it was priced at ~AU$400 and we need to wait for a month since it's overseas. So we decided to steal the design and DIY.

The materials are all quite easy to get. The dressed pine and oak rod are from Bunnings. We also bought a bottle of black paint spray and clear spray. The process is quite straightforward, the only tricky bit is to drill holes and cut 45-degree angles on the hangers (8 of them in the picture). The trick is to do some geometry calculations and mark on the rod where you want to drill, and try to keep the drill bit perpendicular to the rod (as much as possible).

Overall it took us ~6 hours to complete. Neither of us is a serious DIYer but we are both quite happy with the final result.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY a modern stylish coat hanger

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Endazhang. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this unique project.

I love that you 'stole' this design and re-created it yourself. You've done a fantastic job; I trust it resembles the original quite well. You've achieved an amazing result, and I'm sure you are rightly chuffed with your efforts.

Thanks for sharing again, and I look forward to checking out your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects