Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gainsborough door knobs

Sue4
Just Starting Out

Gainsborough door knobs

Gainsborough door knobs are reasonably old and have become difficult to open. Do I have to replace the whole knob or just latch?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Gainsborough door knobs

Hi @Sue4,

Could we please trouble you for some photos of your door hardware so that we can identify it and suggest next steps? I'm sure the community would be more than happy to assist if we had some more information to go on. Let me know if you need any assistance uploading photos or ever getting the most from the site. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Gainsborough door knobs

Hi @Sue4

How did you go with your doorknobs? I'd be keen to see them and advise on what needs to be replaced. There are internal mechanisms like the Gainsborough 70mm Satin Chrome D Strike Rectangular Face Tubular Latch which can be installed separately if that was the issue.

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects