Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I achieve a lighter wood stain without the orange tones? Do I need to paint wash?

Bigdogwelding
Getting Established

How do I achieve a lighter wood stain without the orange tones? Do I need to paint wash?

How do I achieve a lighter wood stain colour without the orange tones? I don't want to go too light, just a nice light walnut colour. All the colour charts for pine I feel still have the yellow/orange tones.

Screenshot_20231224_113411_Chrome.jpg

20231224_144502.jpg

20231224_144546.jpg

Do I need to paint wash first?

First photo is kind of the colour I want to achieve.  Second and third photos are my items I want to re stain.  I think it is pine wood.

Thank you.

Re: How do I achieve a lighter wood stain without the orange tones? Do I need to paint wash?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated 🙏 

Re: How do I achieve a lighter wood stain without the orange tones? Do I need to paint wash?

Thanks for the tips 😀 

Thank you and thanks for sharing the pics

Keep us updated, and reach out again if you need further assistance @Bigdogwelding. We can't wait to see your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects