Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill holes in brick wall?

Becshouse
Growing in Experience

How to fill holes in brick wall?

IMG_6336.jpeg

I’ve just pulled a cupboard out of this space. It’s double brick, wondering if I can fill these holes in myself, or do I need a professional? If it’s something I could do, what products would I use? I’m assuming something more substantial than the filler I currently use for little patch up jobs. I’m getting it ready for wallpapering. 
many thanks! 
Thanks all! 

Becshouse
Growing in Experience

Re: How to fill holes in brick wall?

thanks again. 
spoken to Bunnings and they can’t cut the yellow tongue board because of the tongue. I think I can buy the 18mm particle panel standard and it should work just as well? 
I’ve check and it’s just concrete below so I’ll pick up some of the liquid nails as you suggested. 
Again, thank you all! 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Becshouse 

I wonder if they would cut it almost through bar teh last 3cm and then you could use a handsaw to finish it? That way you can get it home?

Dave

Becshouse
Growing in Experience

Thanks Dave. 
Is the yellow tongue board a different material to the standard 18mm particle board? As in, do I definitely need the yellow tongue board even though I won’t be using the tongue part? 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Becshouse 

I would think that the yellow tounge board is diifferent, its been made for flooring use. I wouldnt really go another path on the board, Maybe think of your overall materials list and borrow a trailer from Bunnings (They are free for a short period) or hire a ute (Im temted to do that on some Mebau 4m lengths I need as it will be cheaper then the $70 delivery fee.

@EricL or @MitchellMc might be able to give you a defenite about the yellowtounge compare dto normal particle board tho.

Dave

Becshouse
Growing in Experience

Hey thanks Dave. 
I guess I’m wondering as well as I won’t be walking on it/ using it as a floor as such. It’s a base for a cupboard to be build on top - cupboard on the left, shelf on the right for a desk. 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@Becshouse 

Always better to start with the right stuff, how many times have we had to "fix" something that someone else has done before we get to start on the actual project is my rule of thumb :smile:

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Becshouse 

In this case it's better to be safe by using the right material for your flooring. I understand that it is tempting to use another material, but the yellow tounge is specifically made for flooring and it will maintain its structural integrity for a long time. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects