Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix laminate floor boards?

TessaC
Just Starting Out

How to fix laminate floor boards?

I placed a damp towel at the base of my door on my laminate flooring on a daily basis. This resulted in white discolouration and small cracks in the top coat of the flooring. I need to get it back to its near new

360B0AFC-C7C9-49DC-B19A-58E1F326740C.jpeg

DF7F1210-F4CB-437D-B670-DE4F2B4C03F0.png

34010EAE-B365-4EDE-9C5F-B39C0593EACB.jpeg

condition. Any suggestions would be great! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix laminate floor boards?

Hello @TessaC

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your laminate floorboards.

I suggest using Waxstix Tasmanian Oak Touch Up Crayon. You need to bring colour back to the bleached area of the floor. There are several choices in Waxstix colours, I recommend getting a few different colours to match your existing floor. Test a small area by rubbing the stick on the damaged area. Your goal is to blend the faded area into the existing colour around it. Don't apply too much force as the Waxstix will imbed itself over the entire surface of the laminate floor.

Please keep in mind that this is a cosmetic fix and will eventually fade. The Waxstix must be applied again to maintain the look. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects