Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix my old damaged windows frame?

C-co
Just Starting Out

How to fix my old damaged windows frame?

A30B7271-BAB0-4071-B1BF-FE65FED48753.jpeg

My old window frame damaged.

the frame of windows cracked from the center.
I wonder how to do fix for!? Or Are It able to be fix that parts and I wonder who should replacement whole the windows frames.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix my old damaged windows frame?

Hello @C-co

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your window frame.

When the timber cracks in this manner, there is often an underlying cause for the timber to fail. It could be water damage, old age or insect infestation. It is difficult to tell if it can still be repaired. But, if an effort was made, it would have to be disassembled to remove any mould or water damage. The timber would have to be glued back together, but if the timber is very brittle then it's not worth repairing.

If you have the necessary tools you could build a new frame. However, if you feel that this is currently outside your scope of experience, I suggest engaging the services of a tradesperson to build you a new one.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your window fixed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects