Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make DIY Room Dividers and a soundbooth cone of silence CV19 Working from home/home schooling

StuckAtHome
Finding My Feet

How to make DIY Room Dividers and a soundbooth cone of silence CV19 Working from home/home schooling

Hello I hope you can help. Would be most grateful. Total newbie but my dilemma will be a common one right now. Due to the state of the world right now, I am working from home and my son is doing year 12 online at home. I rent a small cottage. 

I’d like some help in knocking up a Partition  or room divider to create a sense of division between our two tables which are in separate rooms but there is no closing door.  Say about 150 -200cm high and 100 wide. I don’t have a drill but have the bits! And lots of other tools and bits and bobs. They need to be freestanding.

another question .. more curiosity.. and this is a long shot but would anyone have any ideas for creating a sound booth.? Not a small room but a one 
of those chair type things that cut out the sound. It allow supervision.Here are a few pics for reference only. Obviously all IP is reserved to owners.. A diy one would be nothing like this but just so you get the idea!

ps I’m in a rental property....

Thank you for taking th time to read this...

Sleepless in SydneyBE26F23B-7425-40C0-B157-3CA4E08AEFF2.jpeg

2C0B8BFB-9BB4-4353-921E-88F86E4429EB.jpeg

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to make DIY Room Dividers and a soundbooth cone of silence CV19 Working from home/home schoo

How is your soundbooth project coming along @ThatVoiceGuy? We'd love an update.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful

Re: How to make DIY Room Dividers and a soundbooth cone of silence CV19 Working from home/home schoo

Although I just realised that this project is from last March (2020), but in case anyone else is doing something similar... I think that the hinges required for the task would be Parliament hinges. They can be 200mm wide and are designed to allow doors to swing through 180 degrees, to clear the door frame and fold back against a wall.  But it would be good to hear what @ThatVoiceGuy actually used.

HI Everyone,

Update (well, sort of) 

Does everyone remember that old quote "Measure twice, cut once"?

Well, after measure a bunch of times and cutting where I measured, things started to look like Donkey Kong's path to the princess.

So, once we have moved house, I will have another go.

Thanks for keeping the conversation going @ThatVoiceGuy 

Great to know that you'll keep going despite the "technical setbacks". It's just part of d-i-y-ing

I have referred to some of my less straightforward constructions as being a series of repairs joined together.

Thankfully we have invented builder's bog and paint.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects